Thursday, March 27, 2008

Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated


The envelope please........OH NO NOT THAT ONE!!!!! Yesterday the dreaded envelope came.... AARP tracked me down! No I have been aware that April 24th I will turn 50, but I think I had mentally blocked it, until today. Clearly the CIA could learn alot from AARP because there IS NO HIDING, they will find you. Perhaps they should contract AARP to find OSAMA, since the government cant.


While I have no intention on joining AARP at this point in life besides I would never join anything that wanted me as a member anyway. But it is an inevitable milestone. I have broken all rules and I am turning 50. As a gay man I will now be somewhat older than methusala. 50 was an unhear of number when I was in my 20's , I would have never dated "me'.


The picture taken in 2002 in Charleston hardly looks like me now, Im 30lbs lighter, workout regularly and I am told by my doctor I am phyically in my 30's. Not surprising since my dad is 84 and plays golf 3-4 times a week and he doesnt use a golf cart. Now maybe a little botox wouldnt hurt but I feel pretty good right now.

No comments: