Thursday, May 22, 2008

Book Review: Cincinnati's Golden Age


A few weeks ago I did a book review on another one of these historical series books " Images of America" published by Arcadia Press.
This book, Cincinnati's Golden Age, is a fascinating look back into the heyday of Cincinnati. The book covers some of the grand architecture and provides a historical perspective on the city. I liked the book overall and it has a lot of photographs, not relying as much on postcards as the earlier book on Over-the-Rhine did. I thoroughly enjoyed the exterior photos, my only criticism was that there were not enough interior photos, although those that were there were nice.
I have not yet found a book that really covers the architecture of Cincinnati in a way I feel is worthly of the level of architecure the city possesses. I would however recomend this book as it contains invaluable information.

No comments: