Monday, December 5, 2011

Knox Hill Project: Weekly Update

Some of you have emailed me about what thu ceiling will look like so I thought I'd include this illustration today that shows the layout for the ceiling.

As you can imagine there is a lot of layout work to do on this project. So far I've gone through four rolls of painters tape in layout.but things are moving forward but no one should expect we will be having Christmas dinner this year in that dining room.

Greg continues with the chimney disassembly and we are amassing quite a large brick collection.

5 comments:

Quimbob said...

THE THINGS PEOPLE DO TO GET OUT OF HOSTING CHRISTMAS.....

Karen Anne said...

You've done the walls before the ceiling?

Paul Wilham said...

@Karen. It has been my experience it is a mistake to do the ceiling BEFORE you know the Wall colors will work. Especially since we are working with darker victorian colors, as its very easy to get a tomb effect if you dont rebalance your colors. For example I might use a wall color but lighted one shade to compensate. Also after all these years, I dont need dropcloths because i am not a messy painter

Paul Wilham said...

@Karen. It has been my experience it is a mistake to do the ceiling BEFORE you know the Wall colors will work. Especially since we are working with darker victorian colors, as its very easy to get a tomb effect if you dont rebalance your colors. For example I might use a wall color but lighted one shade to compensate. Also after all these years, I dont need dropcloths because i am not a messy painter

Karen Anne said...

How do you keep ceiling paint from getting on things? I would love not to come out looking like a specked egg after painting a ceiling :-)