Monday, November 15, 2021

Aesthetic Movement Bespoke Pedistal

 


I have, as of late,  been more involved in doing bespoke one of a kind custom painted pieces. These "art pieces" are my interpretation of the design elements used in the high end furniture makers of the era and take an ordinary piece into a unique piece of "Furniture Art".



The top of the pedistal was worn and damaged and I elected to do an upholstered top with fringe. The fabric was part of a 4 yard end bolt I had acquired years ago and I had been looking for the right piece to use some of on. It has a sort of Aesthetic Movement/ Arts and Crafts design that compliments the piece well.


The stenciled design is one of my flower pattern designs and is similar to stenciling used by manufacturers of the era.



This is what I started with (shown on right ) These art pieces take quite a few hours to do, It is signed and dated under the top so it may not be confused with an antique period orignal, Considering original pedistals by the top Victorian manufacturers of the era sell in the 4-6000 range its an affordable alternative. Available in our showroom.





No comments: