Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Burgman Restoration: The "Adventure" of lighting for the Kitchen

While I have spent a great deal of time determining the design of the upstairs residence kitchen. It's look ( a fine Victorian Mansion  Butler's Pantry)  The size and placement of every detail, the perfect lighting has been  elusive. I didn't want something that was modern but I wanted something that will put out enough light and can be controlled to light up and down over the island. Knowing our cabinetry will be dark and the ceiling done in a bronzed tin, finding just the right light ( I needed a pair) has taken me in many directions.

This is with just two bulbs lit (on display in the shop window)
After looking and looking I think we have found the solution and like any solution it was not because we couldn't find it, it was that the purchase was complex. The only way we could get the matching pair of lights we needed was to buy 10. Yes ten matching Gothic chandeliers. They would only sell them in a lot not individually. So we bought all of these.

This was challenge loading all of these in the Kia but we managed.
What makes these the right lights are that there are SEVEN light sockets, 3 up, 3 facing at a slight angle  down (for side lighting) and one facing straight down. By wiring these  to three separate wall switches I can control the lighting just as I need it.

So one problem solved. Now I just need to sell the other eight off.

No comments: